Benefits of Timber Worktops – Timber worktops, no matter what type you go for add a touch of warmth to your kitchen. In the last number of years colours have evolved giving a huge range to choose from when planning your space. With our Natural Timber worktops we create that outdoor atmosphere inside your home. Wood is a natural living material and every worktop we produce has its own unique identity. When it comes to natural timber worktops we offer a myriad of choice regarding wood type, shape, texture and colour that will bring your dream kitchen to life.
One of the main advantages of a timber worktop is it will be unique; no other person will have the same piece as you. You can also choose from so many different grains/ depths / colours which will also give you that feeling of individuality. Timber worktops are usually cheaper than Granite worktops. Timber also is hygienic, given it has natural anti-bacterial properties ,this can be an advantage when choosing your worktop.
Remember, always mop up spills of water and other liquids straight away. Do not allow liquids to stand for any period of time. Always use pot stands and trivets to protect the timber from rough, hot, wet, and dirty pots and pans. Direct contact from iron, steel, or copper vessels can also stain the timber surfaces There is no denying Timber does require a lot of care and maintenance but it does look spectacular when treated correctly.
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions regarding Timber Worktops:
- Will you be able to see the joints?
- All our joints are done in such a way to be as seamless as possible, however there may be a slight possibility that some joins will show up.
- Will a hot pot burn or damage the worktop?
- Yes, it is essential that you do not put hot pots directly on to the surface, we recommend the use of a chopping board, or other device.
- Can my worktop be repaired if it is damaged?
- Timber, while stylish and robust is not indestructible. It is recommended that you treat it with utmost care as repairs including the removal of scratches may prove difficult.
- What can stain the worktop?
- Timber is very durable, however be careful of acidic products like wine etc. Oil based products may also stain, wipe these off straight away.
- How do I clean my worktops?
- We recommend gently wiping with a damp cloth or wood polish.
- How long does your worktop last?
- Your worktops should last a life time as long as the right maintenance is carried out, on a regular basis.